Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 5 - Tahquamenon Falls to F.J. McLain State Park

Spirits were high this morning after yesterday's success. Sun was shining, maybe 70 degrees, and I was ready to go.

Lower Falls

Upper Falls

Perfect day

Heading into Grand Marais

Harbor at Grand Marais

Steed





Took a little hike to see Miner's Falls in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.



Miner's Rock


Pretty standard view

Old ore dock in Houghton, MI


Downtown Houghton


Arriving in McLain State Park

I quickly setup my tent, unloaded the bike a bit and immediately headed northeast to Copper Harbor on the Keewanaw Peninsula. I was heard this was a must see. I knew I'd be racing against the clock to get to Copper Harbor and back before nightfall, so I picked up the pace a bit. This did not go unnoticed by a friendly Trooper and I was pulled over. I freely admitted to the officer what speed I thought I was going and was extremely cordial and respectful. He wrote me a ticket for 5 over, which I thought was a generous offer. It could have been much worse. I won't say how much;-)


Eagle Harbor

Nightfall back at McLain


1 comment:

encantadora said...

What a gorgeous day-- thanks for sharing