Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 4 - Parry Sound to Tahquamenon Falls

With yesterday's delay, I knew Sunday would be a long day. With everything dry, I was on the road by 8:00, and weather was looking more promising.
The biggest failure with my rain gear yesterday was my gloves, or lack thereof. Hands get cold, wet and numb very fast. I stopped at Wal Mart and grabbed a pair of $4 rubber work gloves. Not very comfortable and certainly not a traditional riding glove, but I knew they'd keep me dry in a pinch.

I headed north along the Georgian Bay, and the weather turned foul again. Steady rain and temperatures dropping into the 50s. I stopped to put on every stitch of clothing that I packed. I was able to stay dry and relatively warm, but, my ambitions to see this trip through were in serious jeopardy. I didn't envision doing this whole trip in the rain, and considered spending the night in Taq Falls and then just going home from there. This all changed when the sun came up and gave me perfect weather to complete a high mileage day.



Hi.


US-Canada Bridge in Sault Ste. Marie

Canadian side of Sault Ste. Marie -- pretty gritty place


Industrial complexes near the bridge look straight out of the Industrial Revolution era

Back into Merica

Sault border crossing -- not much of a backup


And finally set up at what might have been the least private site at the park.


No comments: